Delta County Parent Coalition
We make a difference in the community and lives of children by working on early childhood issues important to families in Delta County. By getting involved with the Great Start Parent Coalition, you will get a chance to connect with other families, learn more about services and resources available in our community, and attend fun training and family events.
Our Family Coalition
- Provides networking opportunities for parents, guardians, and caregivers
- Participates in community projects for young children
- Increases parent participation in early childhood planning and decision making
- Serves as a voice for parents in the community on behalf of young children
- Encourages parent leadership and participation in planning the group's activities
To view the most current edition of our newsletter click here
We have a terrific group of parents involved in planning and working on a number of projects and initiatives such as:
- Improving preschool to kindergarten transition
- Planning and participating in Funfest at the Delta Plaza
- Planning and presenting Family Fun Night literacy events
- Fundraising for the Great Start Collaborative's literacy fund
- Selling pinwheels for Child Abuse Prevention Month in April
- Coordinating community resources & information
- Supporting foster care families
- Planning our back to school family picnic
- Hosting Social-Emotional Parenting workshops
- Developing a Parent Coalition orientation and brochure
Read More >
We need your help to give all kids a Great Start in school and life! You are invited.
The Delta County Family Coalition typically meets on the 3rd Wednesday of each month from 6:00-7:30 pm at the Delta-Schoolcraft ISD (Intermediate School District Bldg.) 2525 3rd Ave South , Escanaba, MI. ALL parents, caregivers or those who are concerned for the welbeing of young children are encouraged to get involved! That includes grandparents, fathers, guardians, foster parents, step-parents etc! Families come in all forms. Together we work to build a strong community and ensure bright futures for our children. Bring a friend. Free dinner, childcare, and children's activities are provided. Please RSVP to Laurie Mold, Delta-Schoolcraft County Great Start Family Liaison, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 906-786-9300 x111. Hope to see you there!