Delta County Parent Coalition
We make a difference in the community and lives of children by working on early childhood issues important to families in Delta County. By getting involved with the Great Start Parent Coalition, you will get a chance to connect with other families, learn more about services and resources available in our community, and attend fun training and family events.
Our Parent Coalition
- Provides networking opportunities for parents
- Participates in community projects for young children
- Increases parent participation in early childhood planning and decision making
- Serves as a voice for parents in the community on behalf of young children
- Encourages parent leadership and participation in planning the group's activities
To view the most current edition of our newsletter click here
We have a terrific group of parents involved in planning and working on a number of projects and initiatives such as:
- Improving preschool to kindergarten transition
- Planning and participating in Funfest at the Delta Plaza
- Planning and presenting Family Fun Night literacy events
- Fundraising for the Great Start Collaborative's literacy fund
- Selling pinwheels for Child Abuse Prevention Month in April
- Coordinating community resources & information
- Supporting foster care families
- Planning our back to school family picnic
- Hosting Social-Emotional Parenting workshops
- Developing a Parent Coalition orientation and brochure
We need your help to give all kids a Great Start in school and life! You are invited.
The Delta County Parent Coalition typically meets the 3rd Thursday of each month from 6:00-7:30 pm at the Delta-Schoolcraft ISD (Intermediate School District Bldg.) 2525 3rd Ave South , Escanaba, MI. All are Welcome! Bring a friend. Free dinner, childcare, and children's activities are provided. Please RSVP to Laurie Mold, Delta County Parent Liaison, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 906-786-9300 x111. Hope to see you there!