Introducing the Read to Your Shelter Pet Program sponsored by the amazing Literacy Legacy Fund of Michigan and UPAWS! Get ready to have loads of fun while making a positive impact on shelter animals. Here’s everything you need to know:
- The program will take place monthly on the third Thursday, from 4:30 PM to 5:30 PM. Mark your calendars!
- To get started, parents and children must complete the volunteer application and waiver of liability (scroll down for the link) and watch two informative videos: the Read to Your Shelter Pet Video and the Cat Language video.
- Once you’ve completed the requirements, you can easily sign up for your preferred reading time through the UPAWS online designated link.
- To ensure a personalized and cozy experience, each reading session will only accommodate a maximum of four children and two accompanying adults.
- Please note that reading sessions will be exclusively held with our adorable cats and small critters, as our dog area is not open to the public.
- Safety first! All adults in the family who plan to accompany the child must apply and sign the waiver for our volunteer program.
- We kindly request that at least one adult accompany the readers at all times.
- This fantastic program is open to readers of all levels, from kindergarten to 8th graders. It’s never too early or too late to discover the joy of reading!
A massive shout-out and heartfelt thank you goes to the Literacy Legacy Fund of Michigan for their incredible support. Let’s come together and create a paw-some experience for our shelter pets!
GET STARTED HERE! https://www.volgistics.com/appform/138572639